This year I’ve worked with some brands and companies who I absolutely adore when it comes to skincare. I feel like I’ve trialled enough products to know which ones are good and worth the money and which ones aren’t.
Being in my 30’s I’m always on the hunt for the best items to either slow down the ageing process or reduce the signs of it effectively. After all, the skincare market is big money and there’s nothing worse than buying products that don’t do what they say on the tin!
So if you’re buying some anti ageing skincare for someone this Christmas or you’re looking for ideas on what you can ask for don’t look any further than the products listed below.
(These products are meant for all skin types. A big thing I learnt this year was that all skin is ‘normal,’ it’s how we treat it that causes it to have issues such as being oily or being dry. If you suffer with sensitive skin or a medical skin condition, please do make sure the products are suitable before using them.)
1. Skinceuticals Protect Sheer Mineral UV Defense SPF50 £22.75. A big lesson I’ve learnt this year is the importance of wearing SPF daily, even in the winter. A good SPF will not only protect you from UVA rays but also UVB rays. Unlike other SPF creams this one isn’t thick, greasy and it doesn’t leave any residue. It’s great as a primer for make up and it’s actually slightly tinted, so I tend to just stay ‘au natural’ all day long because I get enough coverage to even out my skin tone.
2. HoMedics Newa £199.00. I’ll be doing a full review on this product shortly, but if you’re looking for a gadget that you can use from home, this is the one for you. It’s clinically proven to tighten, firm and lift the skin. And it reduces wrinkles by a third in 12 weeks. The NEWA works through heat technology which reactivates the collagen to rebuild under the skin’s surface. I know this works, because after using it for 3 weeks, my Mum noticed the difference and tried to steal it off me. As a person my Mum is more likely to point out flaws, so when she compliments me I know she means it. Yes it’s quite pricey, but it works.
3. Line Reducing Eye Brightening Concentrate £35.00. I bought this after I went into Kiehl’s looking for the creamy avocado eye treatment. As an eye product it’s one of the few I find that actually gives true results. It contains a high concentration of vitamin C, which is known for its anti ageing properties and it also contains Haloxyl that brightens and diminishes the dark areas around the eyes. It works. After using it for two months straight I thought I’d switch products to give my skin a bit of change and bought the avocado eye cream- it just doesn’t compare. The avocado eye cream is great for those who are still young and haven’t got any signs of ageing. Otherwise it’s just pointless. The eye brightening concentrate is definitely much more tailored to those of us with ageing issues or those that want to tackle ageing issues before they start.
4. Skinceuticals Phloretin CF £95.25. You’ve probably never heard of this product, but you need it in your life! It’s an antioxidant that works to protect skin from a manner of external factors that cause cell mutation and consequently ageing. It helps to rectify damage that has been caused to the skin and it diminishes age spots too. It also helps to encourage collagen production so it works on every level to slow down and prevent ageing. It has a big celebrity following!
5. Destination Skin £POA. I worked with Destination Skin this year as a brand ambassador. I have them to thank for getting my skin in the best condition it’s been in. They assessed my skin and worked out a plan to get it looking it’s best. After changing my skin care products and learning about my skin I’ve been able to maintain blemish free, youthful skin. They tackled my ageing issues through a course of face peels that I can not recommend more highly, and along with making sure I was using the correct products at home they’ve completely changed my skin. They gave my skin an entire overhaul which I didn’t think was possible. If you have any skin issues, go in for a free consultation. They really do work wonders.
6. The Body Shop Oils Of Life £15+. The Oils of Life skin care range is a really affordable and worthy anti ageing collection. All the products contain three precious seed oils, each known for their revitalising and repairing skin care properties. The range includes a toner, a face oil and a moisturising cream or gel cream- which has a lighter consistency. I don’t think I’ve spoken to anyone that’s used this range that hasn’t loved it and that says something!